Spencer is Walking

Spencer has been walking for a few days now. But he's really got it today. I mean, he's turning corners! He can walk a few steps and turn and walk a few steps and turn. This parenthood stuff is the best! (I know, when he gets to be a teenager I'll be singing the blues, right?)

One of the things that I think is funny is that his walking is gradual. I've always thought that I would be able to capture his first steps on film. Not really. He's learning to walk by leaning on things, by walking with us and letting go of our hands and falling onto an ottoman or catching onto a rail or wall. It's been very gradual.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16

I was thinking about how we think of many spiritual giants whose lives we desire to emulate. You know, folk who have been walking with the Lord a long time. Like so many of us who have been literally walking almost all of our lives, we forget that there was a time when we had not yet learned to walk.

People are "born again" into the Kingdom of God all the time. We need to learn to be patient with them as they learn how to walk with God. It does not happen immediately. No baby walks perfectly the first time he tries. Neither do we walk perfectly as we learn to walk with our loving Heavenly father.

Comments

Popular Posts