I Love My Mama

Today I took the day and drove down to see my parents who live in Kent County, Delaware a/k/a "Slower Lower" Delaware.

I thought I was coming to pick her up and do something in Dover quickly. When I arrived, my dad was finishing up resetting his satellite dish so he could watch Dare to Dream on the 3ABN network. So I helped him lift his huge cathode ray tube TV back into place.

Then when I went inside they had a meal prepared. We had a nice meal of soup and salad and crackers. Then dad gave me some fresh pear off his tree. Hours had passed as we chatted and played the piano and talked of the home renovation going on next door.

Finally I reminded Mom that we needed to get to Dover to take care of the bit of business that was the real reason for my trip. Dad loaded me up with a bag of organically grown tomatoes and Mom and I headed out.

For the next few hours we chatted while running our errand. As I get older I appreciate both of my parents more. Spending that time with Mom reminds me of just how kind a human being she is. My friend Nick Taliaferro refers to her as a "salt of the earth" kind of a person. When I hang with Mom I think of that beatitude "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

I am grateful for the advantage I have of being raised by two godly parents, most especially for the love and nurture of a Proverbs 31 Woman named Ivey Bunn Goodman.

Comments

Popular Posts