Talking with a close colleague in pastoral ministry about the pros and cons of starting a second service. He is filled to capacity and it's time to do something.
1. Target two different populations (ministry for youth and ministry for adults)
2. Internally does scratch where my people personally itch
3. Help reduce alienation one gets from older group
4. Allows to further target young adults. Can bring in bass guitarist more easily
1. If you start, you must continue.
2. Potentially increases gap between seniors and young adults
3. Could unduly affirm conviction of seniors
Change does not happen without loss