Lost and Found

Psalm 14:1: “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.”

Saturday night I flew into Atlanta. When I landed there it was rainy and cold.

I had made plans to share a hotel room with a friend who had arrived in ATL ahead of me. He had sent me the details for the hotel and let me know that they had a shuttle that runs between the airport and the hotel.

The week prior I had flown into Huntsville and the airline had lost the luggage of the guy flying with me. So, I’m good — I had my luggage with me! I went to zone 3 to wait for the hotel’s shuttle to arrive. After a while, I called the hotel to be sure they were still running. I followed the automated prompts, clicked the right number to speak to someone about the shuttle. The line would ring several times. And then the line would disconnect. I tried several times. Couldn’t get through.

After a few failed attempts a shuttle driver for the Holiday Inn who noticed a bunch of stranded people came through. He tapped me on my shoulder and asked, “Where are you going?” I gave him the details of my hotel and he said, “Come on, I’ll take you.”

Well, that was nice! It’s late. I’m cold. I’m tired and ready to get in and get rested. Tomorrow’s a big day! So I grabbed my luggage and followed him to his shuttle. I tipped this kind driver and went on in. There was a key at the front desk waiting for me. All is well. When I got into the room my friend greeted me and then commented on my one piece of luggage.

As he said it, panic immediately shot through my body. I hollered, “Oh no! I left one of my bags at the airport!” If I had left it at baggage claim, all would have been well. It would be secured. No, I had left it outside where I was standing waiting on the shuttle in the cold rain.

I didn’t tell you that I was flying to ATL to shoot a wedding. And the bag I left was of vital importance because it had my stands, umbrellas, and other accessories in it.

Long and short, I went right back to the airport praying all the way there. Guess what? When I got back to Zone 3 where the shuttles come, that bag was still right where I left it! God is so amazing!!!

Aside from the potential monetary loss, security could have picked it up as a suspicious package. Because of the stands the bag held, it could have appeared to be carrying some type of weapon. I thank God that He kept it right there for me. (And for the precious couple whose wedding I photographed the next day!)

I am amazed at how God continues to manifest Himself to me in situations like these. Can you remember a time when He did something for you that was simply an unmistakeable blessing straight from the throne of God”

Comments

Popular Posts