Children


IMG_7465.JPG
Originally uploaded by kspencerg
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. -- Psalm 127:3

Saturday afternoon Evelyn prepared a delightful meal for a few of our friends and their families. They were the Chambers, Bray and Johnson families. With the exception of Troy and Sarah, none of us had any children when we first met. (Troy and Sarah only had TJ. Now they have three -- TJ, Jules Christopher and Caleb Benjamin.)

Our friendships are rich. The face of the handsome little guy in this photo is Melvin's son. Melvin and I have been friends since I was a freshman at Pine Forge Academy. I was fourteen years old when I met Melvin. I have known him longer than I have not known him. Little Melvin is his third child. He has two girls as well.

Everyone of our children are beautiful. It's just amazing. I don't know if I'm just biased or what. But I'm serious! All of these kids could be featured in Children's Place sales circulars!

Maybe they're not as cute as I think. Who knows? I think every parent will agree with my (clearly) biased opinion. But it goes further. These children have taken on the dispositions of their parents. And I am blessed with nice friends. These children are pleasant to be around.

Amazing how attentive loving parents raise secure and respectful children.

The Bible says that children are a gift from the Lord. How true! We had great times as friends before the house was overrun with the sounds of sometimes crying, often laughing, tussling, wrestling, climbing kids. But now . . . it's better. Yep! Better. Even with the diaper changes, the scratches, the colds they give each other, the meltdowns and what have you. It's . . . better.

Comments

Popular Posts