10.11.FRI - Don Winslow

My friend Don Winslow has gone to sleep. I received a text message with his photo. It was from the former Kim Reeves. She and Don used to play at Macedonia when I was pastoring there. They were a dynamite duo with her on keys and him on drums. We got fairly close. So much so that when I went from Macedonia to North Philadelphia, he came with me and served as one of my administrative assistant for some time. 

But he eventually moved on. I think he became a paralegal in the Washington, DC area. Really smart articulate guy. He would see something on social media and send me an email from time to time. Always positive interactions. 

And then the communication faded away altogether. 

This morning I learned that he had an illness that resulted in him being moved to a nursing facility about a month or so ago. He never recovered. 

I have fond memories of Brother Don. He’s at rest now. 

Comments

Popular Posts